Performance Planning and Review
Anniversary Date: An employee's anniversary date is six months after their hire date. This is the date that they are eligible for a merit increase.
Reasons to Perform a Planning Session:
- Anniversary date of a current employee;
- New employee;
- Employee is transferred into a different position with significant changes to job duties;
- If there is a new rating supervisor or performance expectations change. (optional)
Planning session should be completed within thirty days after:
- The anniversary date of a current employee;
- The hire date of a new employee.
Required Signatures for a Planning Session:
- Planning completed before March 1, 2001 - the employee, the supervisor, and a reviewer.
- Planning completed on or after March 1, 2001 - the employee and the supervisor.
Rating Session Rules:
- The rating period begins sixty days before the employee's anniversary date.
- The rating period ends on the employee's anniversary date.
- Both the employee and the rating supervisor should sign the rating.
- The rating must be turned in with the corresponding planning to the Human Resources Office.
Re-ratings: Any employee whose official rating is "Needs Improvement" or "Poor" must be re-rated. These employees are not eligible for merit increase, promotion, or permanent status until they are re-rated and receive a score of "Meets Requirements" or better.
Re-rating Session Rules:
- The re-rating date is six months after the employee's anniversary date.
- The re-rating period begins sixty days prior to the re-rating date and ends on the re-rating date.
Satisfactory by Default Rating will result if:
- The Civil Service's Rules for PPR's are not followed.
- A rating is turned in without the corresponding planning session signatures.
- A rating is turned in without proper signatures within the required time frame allotted by Civil Service.
- An employee does not receive a PPR.
More PPR forms can be located on the HR Forms page
|Performance Planning and Review Policy
|General Circular No. 001606 - Performance Planning and Review (PPR)
||PDF only -->
|Performance Planning and Review Policy - distribution memo
|Merit Increase Consideration Form
|Permanent Status Consideration Form
HANDY TOOLS LOCATED ON CHANNEL Z's HUMAN RESOURCES PPR LINK:
- Date Calculator: Type in the anniversary date and the calculator calculates the time lines for the planning and rating session.
- Downloadable Forms: The new forms are available to download in three formats: Word Perfect, MS Word and Acrobat Reader. You may choose whichever program you feel comfortable with.
- Quick Link to Civil Service PPR Info: This link to Civil Service brings you straight to their section on PPR rules, frequently asked questions, and other information provided by Civil Service.
- Sample Expectations: This list can guide you if you need assistance on wording of expectations.