The National Governors Association (NGA) announced the release of New Engines of Growth: Five Roles for Arts, Culture and Design. The report, prepared in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, focuses on the role that arts, culture, and design can play in assisting states as they seek to create jobs, boost their economies and, over time, transition to an innovation-based economy. Specifically, the report identifies five ways in which arts, culture and design can assist states with economic growth by:
- Providing a fast-growth, dynamic industry cluster;
- Helping mature industries become more competitive;
- Providing critical ingredients for innovative places;
- Catalyzing community revitalization;
- Delivering a better-prepared workforce.To review the report click here.